Sunday, September 2, 2012

Cricut Addiction

I purchased a used Cricut machine off a friend of mine (for those of you who don't know what a Cricut is, it's a personal cutting machine). It cuts images from different cartridges that you can buy onto any type of paper that you insert into the machine. I am IN LOVE with it. This machine is amazing. It has opened up so many crafting possibilities for myself. I am paper crafting almost daily now, which until a few months ago I only did a few times a month, if that. I'm up to 14 cartridges and I see this collection growing.

In future posts I would like to document the step-by-step process for some of my projects. However, this is something I am very negligent at. I always forget to take pictures of the before and during each step. I am, however, great at taking after pictures! Just thought I would share a few of them. All of these have used the Cricut machine in some fashion.

I found these two ideas on another blog (check it out here: homespun with heart) I changed them both up a little bit to make them mine.

I made this card for my sister-in-law's birthday. 




I measured and drew the calendar grid on a blank card.
Stamped the days of the week and 'make a wish'. 
Used the Fancy Frames cartridge to cut out the "window" around her date.
Stamped a simple birthday greeting inside.
And then tied it off with a little bit of ribbon.

This is a "get well soon" card that I made for noone in particular. I really like the flower and bird stamps. I thought it was a very soothing look.




Used Fancy Frames cartridge for purple overlay. Stretched and cut the image to what I wanted.
Stamped the image onto the purple overlay.
Stamped a greeting inside.
Tied it off with a some purple twine.
Added a lilac button and voila!

What cards have you made? Email me your photos and thoughts. I would love to hear about them and post them in future blogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment